CERAMIC WHITE DENTAL CROWNS
White Lifelike Crowns - $1190
What is a Ceramic Dental Crown?
A dental crown is a hard, ceramic cap or cover for a tooth that protects it from breakage and restores the natural shape and appearance of the tooth. The crowns often cover the entire surface of a tooth, down to the gum line, to essentially give you a brand new, strong tooth. The crowns are made in a local laboratory by an expert technician and are made of a high strength porcelain. Crowns are designed to fit your teeth precisely and are expected to last much longer than fillings – between 15 and 20 years.
Why are Dental Crowns needed?
A dental crown is used for the following reasons:
• To restore a heavily broken tooth or a tooth that has been severely weakened by tooth decay (cavities)
• To protect a weak tooth from breaking or to hold together parts of a cracked tooth
• To hold a dental bridge in place
• To cover and support a tooth with a large filling when there isn’t a lot of tooth left
• To cover a dental implant
• To cover misshapen or severely discoloured teeth
• To keep a tooth strong after root canal treatment
• To improve the appearance of the teeth – especially at the front of the mouth
How are Dental Crowns placed?
Firstly, a tooth is prepared so that the crown can cover it entirely and sit perfectly. This is similar to the first stage of a filling. An impression of your mouth is then taken and sent to a lab where the new tooth is made. The construction of the crown takes 2 weeks, so a temporary crown will be made for you to wear in the meantime. These tooth-coloured temporary crowns will be fixed onto your tooth and can be used just like a normal tooth. After two weeks, we take the temporary crown off your tooth and cement the shiny new crown. After a few checks, everything is done.
Do Dental Crowns hurt?
Getting a crown should be no more uncomfortable than having a filling. They take longer, but you also get more breaks, so you won’t have your mouth open for the entire appointment. In fact, you will be sitting upright in the chair for a large portion of the appointment.
How much do Dental Crowns cost?
At Northside Dental Solutions, ceramic dental crowns cost $1290. We use the highest quality dental ceramics and the crowns are made in a local laboratory to ensure quality and consistency. We also offer interest-free payment plans to spread the cost your crown.
BOOK YOUR CONSULTATION
Consultations are only $85 or gap-free with your health fund.
Can’t find the right time?
Contact us and we’ll arrange a time that suits you.